Terms and Conditions
Updated 14 November 2019 – please check back for updates
By using this site or booking one of our courses, workshops or other events, you accept these Terms and Conditions and use the site at your own risk. The Foraging Course Company Ltd is not responsible for any loss or damage that may arise out of use of This site is operated and managed from the United Kingdom. Users of outside of the United Kingdom are responsible for compliance with any additional local laws affecting their region.
Who we are
We are “The Foraging Course Company Ltd” (“we” or “us”) a registered company in England and Wales under company number 11596837. Our registered office is 2 Mannin Way, Lancaster Business Park, Lancaster, England, LA1 3SU.
This policy is in regards to information collected by The Foraging Course Company Ltd specifically, which may be done so via third party sites such as Warwickshire Wildlife Trust, Skiddle, Eventbrite, LineUp, MailChimp, WordPress, Blogger, Wix or other as specified. Responsibility for information collected and used by those third party sites lies with those sites through their specific policies.
We are regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation when collecting information, and responsible for that information as a “controller” for the purpose of GDPR.
The site is ("the site" or "this site").
Customers are those who book courses - via third party websites - facilitated by us, or use this site ("you" or "your" or "customer").
Third party sites
Third party sites that are used to enable customers to subscribe to emails or book courses. These sites have their own terms and conditions.
Using this site
Here on this page are the terms and conditions under which you may use this site.
The site may be accessed for temporary periods and this service, or any provided via the website, may be amended or withdraw at any time and without notice. There is no liability on our part if the site is unavailable for any period of time for any reason. The responsibility for having the means to access to our site remains with you. Anybody who accesses this site from your internet connection is your responsibility. It is also your responsibility to advise them of these terms and conditions, and ensure they comply with them.
All content and imagery on this site is held under our copyright and may not be reproduced in any format without specific written permission.
The site changes regularly and we reserve the right to remove the service in order to make updates
Information security offences
It is a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 to knowingly introduce malicious or harmful technology to any site. Any such breach will be reported to law enforcement agencies. No liability for any malicious attack shall lie with us or any associated risk or material being transferred to your equipment.
Any lawful, non-damaging and fair linking to this site from another site or platform account owned by you is allowed. Any insinuation of association or approval that is not agreed in writing with us is not allowed.
Framing of any part of this site without prior written agreement is not allowed.
Links from sites containing offensive, illegal or damaging content is not allowed.
Links from this site are for information or booking purposes. We are not responsible for the content or any loos or damage resulting from the use of third party websites.
By booking a course you agree to the following:
- Bookings must be made by persons aged 18 years or over
- Dogs are not permitted on courses. If you a dog is brought to a course it will not be able allowed to join the course party and, as a result, the handler may not be able to attend. In this case, the handler will forfeit all course fees and will not be offered a refund
- Children brought to courses that are under the age specified for attendance on that course will not be able to participate. Parents/guardians who bring children along to these courses and are not able to participate as a result of this will forfeit all course fees and will not be offered a refund
- On courses advertised for those aged 18 or under, all participants, adults and children, must have a valid ticket booking
- All course information correct at time. We reserve the right to change course information at any time for any reason
- It is the responsibility of the course participants to advise the course leader of any medical conditions, including food allergies, that may be exacerbated or triggered by any thing that may be encountered on a course
- All participants must be in a good state of health and general fitness. Courses take place on various terrains in differing conditions
- Participants accept that the natural habitats over which the courses are run will be uneven, subject to natural hazards and carry risks
- Courses are booked using third party websites - Eventbrite and Ticket Tailor
- Courses may not be resold or transferred
- Places on courses are secured upon full payment to the third party websites used for booking courses by The Foraging Course Company - Eventbrite and Ticket Tailor
- For private courses, bookings are secured upon receipt of a non-refundable 50% deposit of the full course fee. In the unlikely event of a private booking cancellation by The Foraging Course Company, an alternative or refund may be offered
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking without disclosing a reason
- No refunds will be given for cancellation of any course booking for any reason within the 30 days before the original course date booked, or the 30 days before the new course date after a swap if the date swapped to falls before the original course date booking
- For all bookings made on or after 15 June 2019, all cancellations eligible for a refund will be subject to a £5 administration fee deduction per place/ticket. This is due to lost administration and transactions fees that cannot be reclaimed by The Foraging Course Company in the event of a cancellation by the customer
- If a booking is swapped to a later date, no refunds will be given for a subsequent cancellation for any reason
- Exchanges to other course dates must be requested and made at least 30 days before the original course date booked and will be subject to an administration fee of £5 per ticket. Subsequent changes will be charged at £10 per ticket
- No exchanges/swaps to any other course dates can be made within the 30 days preceding the original course date booked, or after the original date booked. If a booking is swapped to an earlier date than originally booked, no exchanges/swaps to any other course dates can be made within the 30 days preceding the new course date booked, or after the new date booked
- If eligible to swap, you may only swap dates to a course within six months of your original booking
- Only tickets bought from official The Foraging Course Company ticketing channels are valid
- Resale of tickets is not permitted and, as such, any tickets not bought directly from The Foraging Course Company, are not valid and participation on the course will be refused. No refund will be offered or given to any party involved in the sale or purchase of resold tickets
- We reserve the right to cancel courses for any reason without explanation. In these cases, a course of equal or greater value on another date will be offered. If no other date can be accepted, a full refund will be given
- We reserve the right to change venues for any reason without explanation. Every effort will be made to ensure alternative venues are within 20 miles of advertised venues.
- In the event of a cancellation, we will not be held liable or responsible for any associated costs the participants may have incurred in order to attend the course. these include, but are not limited to, hotel fees, fuel costs, transport/travel fees, car parking, meal reservations, house sitting fees or pet sitting fees
- We reserve the right to alter the course content, format, and offering to those advertised for any reason and without explanation.
- Participants agree that it is their responsibility to arrive on time at the correct meeting place. Courses will start at the published start time prompt, and the group will begin the walk away from the meeting point from within 15 minutes of the publish start time
- We cannot be held responsible for any loss, injury, damage or death incurred as a result of attending a course.
- Course participants should behave in a reasonable manner and comply with instructions given by the course leader. If a participant is deemed not to behave appropriately, they will be asked to leave the course and will forfeit all course fees
- Course participants must not bring their own knives on courses
- Course participants may not return to the venue to forage for plants, fruits or mushrooms after the course has finished unless it is while attending another course, or with strict written permission from the landowner/manager as appropriate
- Where course venues usually have a ban or prohibition on foraging, participants will not seek permission to forage on the land at that venue for their own use
- Course participants agree that anything they sample on the course is entirely at their own risk and understand that allergic reactions may occur even with only very small amounts of new foods. We cannot be held responsible for an incidents or illnesses arising from consuming any new foodstuffs or material by any course participant
- Our samples are prepared in an environment where all common food allergens are also prepared. Some of our samples may also contain any of the common food allergens or traces of them - gluten, crustaceans, eggs, fish, peanuts, soya, milk, nuts, celery, mustard, sesame, sulphur dioxide, lupin, molluscs
- Those who are pregnant or breastfeeding are advised against trying new foodstuffs
- By booking on to a course, you agree to have you details (name and email address) added to our mailing list in order to send you important information and instructions for your course, as well as post course notes. This will automatically add you to our general mailing list, which you can unsubscribe from on the post-course notes email (unsubscribe link in email footer)
- You are under no obligation to try and foodstuff or material on a course, and the decision to consume or handle any foodstuff or matter is entirely yours
- We are not responsible for any situations or incidents attempts made by any course participant to pass on knowledge learned from the course
- We are not responsible for any situations or incidents attempts made by any course participant trying to apply on knowledge learned from the course
- You accept these terms on behalf of all parties you are booking for and agree to advise them of these terms and conditions
- To redeem voucher, email: firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the date and venue of the course you wish to attend, the number of places you wish to attend, and your voucher code number. A set of instructions on how to complete the voucher redemption will be sent and the steps must be completed in order to secure the booking of the selected course place
- If redemption instructions steps are not completed within seven days, the booking will be disregarded and the voucher holder will need to contact The Foraging Course Company again to begin the redemption process
- Hard copy vouchers will be posted within seven working days of payment. Customers accept they must take this timescale into account when purchasing a voucher
- Vouchers must be used within one calendar year of the issue date. The valid until date is detailed on the voucher
- Vouchers do not guarantee places on specific courses.
- Vouchers can only be used to book available places on courses.
- No cash alternative is available. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash
- Cancellations of voucher purchases must be requested within 14 days of purchase - no refunds will be given after that time
- Only the purchaser can request a voucher cancellation
- All cancellations eligible for refund are subject to a £5 administration fee
- All bookings made via vouchers are subject to the same terms as direct bookings, and these are detailed on or the site this address is pointed to, save for refunds, which will not be given in the case of a voucher booking cancellation
- As per direct bookings, swapping of voucher booked places must be done at least 30 days prior to the course date booked. If the customer/booker is unable to attend for any reason and does not swap before 30 days prior to the course booked on to, the place/s will be forfeited and no refund or alternative voucher will be given
- If a voucher booking is swapped, the swapping period remains 30 days before the original course booked on to or the new course date if that is earlier
- All swaps are subject to a £5 administration fee per place/ticket in the first instance, and then £10 for each swap thereafter
- Bookings made by vouchers must be done so in advance. Voucher holders may not turn up on the day and gain access to that course.
- Vouchers can only be redeemed against the type of course they have been purchased for
- Vouchers and vouchers won as prizes cannot be used to reclaim or refund already booked course places
- Voucher extensions are non-refundable under any circumstances
- Voucher extensions are only valid on unredeemed vouchers. By purchasing a voucher extension on a previously redeemed voucher, you will forfeit all money paid and will not receive a voucher or voucher extension
- Voucher extensions can only be added to vouchers that are still valid at the time the extension is requested
- If a customer purchases a voucher extension for an already expired voucher, all money for that extension will be forfeited
- The foraging guides (plants, mushrooms/fungi, recipes) are for reference only it is the responsibility of the user to check the edibility and toxicity of any plant or fungi they intend to consume or handle in any matter through a variety of reputable resources
- The foraging guides are updated regularly, but, while The Foraging Course Company endeavours to do so, may not contain the latest research or information available
Complaints should be sent to, please email email@example.com